Vice President Communication & Sustainability
Tel: +49 (0)381/444-8020
Senior Manager Communication
Tel: +49 (0)381/444-8022
Tel: +49 (0)381/444-8021
Tel. : +49 (0) 381/444-8030
Tel. : +49 (0) 381/444-8028
Tel: +49 (0)381/444-8027
Manager Internal Communication
Tel. : +49 (0) 381/444-9008
Team Assistant Communication & Sustainability
Tel: +49 (0)381/444-8029
Fax: +49 (0) 381/444-8025
AIDAnova will be the first ship of the next AIDA generation
On 31 May, 2017, at 6:00 pm, one of the best-kept secrets of the Meyer shipyard in Papenburg was lifted: a spectacular graffiti surprise revealed the name of the first ship of the first generation that can run on LNG (liquefied natural gas) with nearly zero emissions. This name, AIDAnova, is now displayed on a graffiti banner in the construction halls where the ship is being built.
Its public unveiling took place within the scope of a Prime Time show aboard AIDAperla, which was broadcast on Facebook and on all AIDA ships worldwide.
In its first season, AIDAnova will be traveling Madeira and the Canary Islands for seven-day cruises from December 2018. Five islands in seven nights – for a summertime feeling in the middle of winter: guests on our cruise from/to Gran Canaria or Tenerife get to experience the fascinating destinations of Madeira, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Thanks to pleasant temperatures all year round, the varied scenery and short flight times, the Canary Islands are the perfect vacation destination. They are one of the most popular destinations for guests from the German-speaking region, particularly in the winter months. Under the headline of “My perfect vacation,” the first cruises of the 13th member of the AIDA fleet can be booked from June 1, 2017, 10:00 am.
At www.aida.de/genaumeinurlaub, we present first impressions of AIDAnova, exciting videos, 360° photos of our new range of cabins and information about the next important milestones in the construction process. The keel laying of the new ship will take place in September 2017, at the Mayer shipyard in Papenburg. Its undocking is scheduled for August 2018.
The new generation of AIDA ships combines innovative design with state-of-the-art technology to provide even greater onboard comfort. Successful services of the existing fleet have been improved and advanced. The themed experiences of the AIDAprime generation – such as the Theatrium, brewery, beach club and Four Elements – and completely new options offer limitless leisure on the open sea.
The many highlights aboard the new cruise ship include 21 different stateroom types, ranging from a penthouse suite and spacious family and patio cabins to comfortable single options with a balcony. Our various suite categories offer up to 53 square meters of living space, an airy sun terrace, a separate bedroom, a walk-in wardrobe and space for up to five occupants. We have also introduced junior suites with a beautiful winter garden.
Other highlights at a glance:
• The new restaurant concept with 17 restaurants (5 specialty restaurants, 6 à la carte restaurants, 5 buffet restaurants, one snack bar) and 23 bars offers a variety of culinary trends from all over the world.
• The world-class entertainment program of AIDA cruises is being enhanced with new concepts that will involve our guests to an even greater extent. The surprising, exceptional entertainment formats exclusively produced by and for AIDA will captivate them.
• AIDAnova offers luxurious wellness over 3,545 square meters across two decks. The new Body & Soul Spa features five different saunas with an ocean view, a sun terrace with three Jacuzzis, a fireplace room, a tepidarium and two private wellness suites. Guests also have access to more than 80 relaxation, beauty and skincare treatments, and with more than 30 free exercise courses per week, the onboard gym leaves no wish unfulfilled. New: the Body & Soul Sport area is being expanded to include an open-air gym. Guests can train on state-of-the-art equipment while enjoying the fantastic ocean view and the fresh ocean air.
• Our little guests can also look forward to a treat: three extra-long water slides, a ropes course, water playground and mini golf courses offer endless fun. The Mini Club on deck 16 takes care of toddlers from the age of six months; three- to eleven-year-olds are looked after in the Kids Club, and kids from the age of 12 get to hang out in the cool Wave Club. For the excursions ashore, AIDA organizes family-friendly tours and even trips for teenagers.
• Strolling on the ocean: On the Lanai deck, guests can stroll almost all the way around the entire ship. On the way, they can stop off at restaurants and bars as well as at the Lanai Bar in the stern.
All AIDAnova cruises can be booked from June 1, 2017, at travel agencies, the AIDA Customer Center at +49 (0)381/202 707 07 or at www.aida.de. More information and videos are available at aida.de/genaumeinurlaub.
Following the huge success of past world cruises, AIDA is now launching its fourth world cruise. The highlights on this 117-day XXL adventure are wonderful, distant destinations such as Tierra del Fuego and Cape Horn, Sydney and the Australian island of Tasmania, Mauritius and ... [more]
On many different dates, AIDA Cruises offers guests the chance to visit a ship of the AIDA fleet – ideal for those thinking of taking a cruise. Apart from existing tours in Hamburg, Kiel and Warnemünde, guests can now also visit AIDA ships in international ports such as Palma de ... [more]
Following her planned sojourn at the Chantier Naval shipyard from February 5–23, 2019, AIDAcara is returning to Germany with some new onboard features.
Apart from the scheduled class and servicing work, various upgrades were carried out. The suites and junior suites, and the ... [more]
On February 22, 2019, bookings open for AIDA cruises in summer 2020 and winter 2020/2021. The new AIDA catalog “My hotel shows me the world” gives an overview of the diverse routes the 14 AIDA ships are traveling from March 2020 to April 2021. The range of destinations extends ... [more]