Vice President Communication & Sustainability
AIDAnova will be the first ship of the next AIDA generation
On 31 May, 2017, at 6:00 pm, one of the best-kept secrets of the Meyer shipyard in Papenburg was lifted: a spectacular graffiti surprise revealed the name of the first ship of the first generation that can run on LNG (liquefied natural gas) with nearly zero emissions. This name, AIDAnova, is now displayed on a graffiti banner in the construction halls where the ship is being built.
Its public unveiling took place within the scope of a Prime Time show aboard AIDAperla, which was broadcast on Facebook and on all AIDA ships worldwide.
In its first season, AIDAnova will be traveling Madeira and the Canary Islands for seven-day cruises from December 2018. Five islands in seven nights – for a summertime feeling in the middle of winter: guests on our cruise from/to Gran Canaria or Tenerife get to experience the fascinating destinations of Madeira, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Thanks to pleasant temperatures all year round, the varied scenery and short flight times, the Canary Islands are the perfect vacation destination. They are one of the most popular destinations for guests from the German-speaking region, particularly in the winter months. Under the headline of “My perfect vacation,” the first cruises of the 13th member of the AIDA fleet can be booked from June 1, 2017, 10:00 am.
At www.aida.de/genaumeinurlaub, we present first impressions of AIDAnova, exciting videos, 360° photos of our new range of cabins and information about the next important milestones in the construction process. The keel laying of the new ship will take place in September 2017, at the Mayer shipyard in Papenburg. Its undocking is scheduled for August 2018.
The new generation of AIDA ships combines innovative design with state-of-the-art technology to provide even greater onboard comfort. Successful services of the existing fleet have been improved and advanced. The themed experiences of the AIDAprime generation – such as the Theatrium, brewery, beach club and Four Elements – and completely new options offer limitless leisure on the open sea.
The many highlights aboard the new cruise ship include 21 different stateroom types, ranging from a penthouse suite and spacious family and patio cabins to comfortable single options with a balcony. Our various suite categories offer up to 53 square meters of living space, an airy sun terrace, a separate bedroom, a walk-in wardrobe and space for up to five occupants. We have also introduced junior suites with a beautiful winter garden.
Other highlights at a glance:
• The new restaurant concept with 17 restaurants (5 specialty restaurants, 6 à la carte restaurants, 5 buffet restaurants, one snack bar) and 23 bars offers a variety of culinary trends from all over the world.
• The world-class entertainment program of AIDA cruises is being enhanced with new concepts that will involve our guests to an even greater extent. The surprising, exceptional entertainment formats exclusively produced by and for AIDA will captivate them.
• AIDAnova offers luxurious wellness over 3,545 square meters across two decks. The new Body & Soul Spa features five different saunas with an ocean view, a sun terrace with three Jacuzzis, a fireplace room, a tepidarium and two private wellness suites. Guests also have access to more than 80 relaxation, beauty and skincare treatments, and with more than 30 free exercise courses per week, the onboard gym leaves no wish unfulfilled. New: the Body & Soul Sport area is being expanded to include an open-air gym. Guests can train on state-of-the-art equipment while enjoying the fantastic ocean view and the fresh ocean air.
• Our little guests can also look forward to a treat: three extra-long water slides, a ropes course, water playground and mini golf courses offer endless fun. The Mini Club on deck 16 takes care of toddlers from the age of six months; three- to eleven-year-olds are looked after in the Kids Club, and kids from the age of 12 get to hang out in the cool Wave Club. For the excursions ashore, AIDA organizes family-friendly tours and even trips for teenagers.
• Strolling on the ocean: On the Lanai deck, guests can stroll almost all the way around the entire ship. On the way, they can stop off at restaurants and bars as well as at the Lanai Bar in the stern.
All AIDAnova cruises can be booked from June 1, 2017, at travel agencies, the AIDA Customer Center at +49 (0)381/202 707 07 or at www.aida.de. More information and videos are available at aida.de/genaumeinurlaub.
The state-of-the-art new terminals at Dubai Harbour, located between the islands of “Bluewaters” and “The Palm Jumeirah” in the heart of Dubai, extend over 120,000 square meters. The most popular sights, beautiful beaches and world-famous landmarks of the city, such as the ... [more]
AIDA presents the most beautiful cruises for the summer of 2022 - booking starts on December 21, 2020
On December 21, 2020, bookings open for the first AIDA cruises in the summer season 2022. The range of destinations extends from the Baltic to the fjords, from Greenland to Spitsbergen, from the Bay of Biscay to the Mediterranean. The route variety offers something for every ... [more]
AIDA Cruise & Help once again makes a school wish come true at Christmas: 17th construction project starts in Indonesia!
For the children in the Indonesian village of Kalisoko, a long-cherished dream will come true this Christmas: With the help of donations from AIDA Cruise & Help, they will receive a new preschool that will give even more children permanent access to education as early as ... [more]
The Germany-based cruise company AIDA Cruises offers trips to the most popular destinations in Northern Europe and the Mediterranean with its summer program in 2021. The variety of routes and dream destinations promise unique holiday experiences and unforgettable hours on board ... [more]